|Current Affairs October 2017
| Month and Date
|| Current Affairs
- Oil Prices Hike in Pakistan.
- India violates the Indus water treaty as resisting the water channel of Chenab.
- China National Day is going to observe which starts from 1st october and ends on 3rd.
- Pakistan Stock exchange slumps up to 100 points index.
- Nation celebrating 122 birth anniversary of Liaquat Ali Khan
- Oxford University college removes Suu Kyi portrait after Rohingya criticism
- DR Congo military plane crashes in Kinshasa, up to 30 people feared dead
- Pakistan’s Muhammad Waseem wins WBC silver flyweight title
- India Celebrates Mahatma Gandhi’s 148th Birth Anniversary
- International Day of Non-Violence is observed on October 2
- India Opens two border crossing points with Myanmar, Bangladesh.
- Red Bull’s Max Verstappen wins Malaysian Grand Pix Race.
- Sri Lanka Defeats Pakistan in First Test cricket Match
- According to new Constitutional Amendment Nawaz Sharif becomes Party President again.
- USA: Terrorist attack in music concert caused of 60 Casualities and 515 wounded.
- Madrid: 90% Referendum took place in favour of Catolonia separation from Spain.
- National Star Assamulhaq wins double title of TP World Championship.
- Supreme Military Award has been moved to Pak Naval Chief Zakaullah
- Nawaz Sharif becomes the president of the PML-N after amendment in the constitution.
- Astrophysicists Barry Barish, Kip Thorne and Rainer Weiss awarded by the Nobel Physics Prize.
- A Sick individual of USA killed 60 peoples while over 500 are wounded in this attack on a musical concert.
- Catalonia wins the Referendum of Independence from Spain by 90% Votes in fevour.
- Vice Admiral Zafar Mahmood Abbasi appoints as a new Chief of Neval Staff of Pakistan Navy.
- Shahid Afridi left the Peshawar Zalmi and moves to the Karachi Kings in PSL 3rd addition.
- Famous US musician Tom Petty dies due to suffering cardiac arrest.
- Aisam-ul-Haq Qureshi attempts to win his fifth ATP World Tour title of 2017.
- World Animal Day of action for animal rights and welfare celebrated today.
- Pakistan Stock Exchange Market Crashes upto 903 points index.
- 2 children martyred, 3 Indian troops killed in cross firing at LoC: ISPR
- World Teachers Day to be observed on October 5.
- King Salman set for first visit to Russia by a Saudi king.
- 150000 Units Of New Honda Civic Sold In Pakistan.
- Cristiano Ronaldo’s Ballon d’Or sold for €600000 at charity auction.
- Awais Laghari appointed as Federal Minister of Energy and Power.
- 20 killed, 32 injured in suicide blast at Jhal Magsi shrine Quetta.
- British Novelist wins Nobel Prize in Literature.
- USA refuses the Saudi-led Army Colliation.
- Google Introduces wireless headphones named google pixel buds which has capacity to translate 40 languages.
- 2nd Test Played between Pakistan and Sri Lanka Today.
- World Smile Day Celebrate Today.
- Air Marshal Farooq Habib appoints as the Wise Chief of Neval Staff Navy of Pakistan.
- Anti-Nuclear Arms Group wins the Nobel Peace Prize.
- Shoaib Akhtar joins Lahore Qalandars as team mentor.
- Indian air force helicopter crash kills seven.
- 24th death anniversary Ex Chief Minister Punjab Ghulam Haider Wyne.
- Pakistan Stock exchange slumps upto 100 points index.
- Sharmeen Ubaid Chenay wins the Best Emi Documentary Award.
- Fast & Furious 9 movie Release in 2021.
- Captain safdar arretsed from Islamabad International Airport by NAB.
- Justice Javed Iqbal was appointed new Chairman of NAB for next 4 Years.
- Vice Admiral Arifullah Hussaini takes early retirement from Navy
- Pakistan Stock Market Crashes upto 1096 points index.
- Usman Shinwari Replaced by Mohammad Amir against Sri Lanka in ODI Series
- Rafael Nadal thrashes Nick Kyrgios in Bejing Open final China.
- American Cambodian Ralfi Dawran dies of Heart Attack.
- Kostarika qualify for the Football World Cup 2018.
- Today is celebrating as the Day of World Post Day.
- Former ISI chief Lt Gen Rizwan Akhtar takes early retirement from army.
- Pakistan marks twelve years of devastating Oct 8 earthquake.
- Kyrgyz deputy Prime Minister killed in car crash.
- Yasir Shah becomes first-ever spinner to take five-for in five consecutive Tests.
- Simona Halep becomes first Romanian world No. 1.
- India beat Australia by 9 wickets in the first T20 International in Ranchi.
- Egypt Qualifies for FIFA World Cup for First Time in 28 Years.
- Baba Guru Nanak 478 birth anniversary celebrated today.
- Richard Thaler wins 2017 Nobel Prize in Economics.
- Qamar Zaman to be retired after completion of his four years tenure as Chairman NAB.
- Haris Sohail makes record 3 Wickets in One Over 1 run Pakistan vs Sri Lanka.
- Punjab Govt launches free Motorbike Ambulance Service in Nine Division.
- FIFA suspends the Pakistan Football Federation.
- Justice Javed Iqbal Assumes Charge as NAB Chairman.
- Amitabh Bachachan is Celebrating his 75th Birthday in Maldives.
- Pakistan v Sri Lanka: Tourists win second Test by 68 runs to take series 2-0.
- India vs Australia 2nd T20 Australia Beat India by 8 Wickets, Level Series.
- Asian Hockey Champions Trophy Start 1st Match Played between Pakistan and Bangladesh.
- Pakistan Drop to Seventh in latest ICC Test Rankings.
- International Day of the Girl Child will be observed Today.
- Davaid Camroon work as a consistent in an American Online company.
- South Africa can not participate in Blind Cricket World cup 2018.
- CM Shehbaz Sharif launches the Speedo Bus service in Multan.
- Two Decades of 12 Oct 1999 COUP Passed.
- Pakistan Stock Exchange loses 107 points.
- USA knocked out of World Cup 2018 after Trinidad defeat.
- Sohail Tanveer appoints as captain for Hong Kong super sixes tournament.
- Ireland is Likely to ready face Pakistan in first-ever test.
- Spain Celebrates National Day As Catalonia Questions Remain.
- Today is the International Day for Natural Disaster Reduction.
- Pakistan Army Rescues Canadian- American family held hostage by Taliban
- Today First ODI played between Pakistan vs Sri Lanka.
- India vs Australia Final T20 Match Played Today.
- Japan has launched fourth satellite for a new high precision global positioning system.
- Former PM Mir Zafarullah Jamali quits PML-N.
- Pakistan Football Federation Banned by FIFA.
- Pakistan Stock Exchange loses 288 Points.
- Hamas and Fatah sign deal on Palestinian reconciliation.
- Pakistan Stock Market falls below 40,000-points level.
- Somalia’s Defence Minister and Army Chief both resign without explaining any reason.
- Lahore High Court Bar bans life time Law Minister Rana Sanaullah’s entry in the Bar.
- Punjab University is the Oldest in the Pakistan and turns 135 years today.
- Pakistan cricket Team take over Sri Lankan Team by 83 runs in first ODi match.
- Pakistan, Japan play out 2-2 draw in Asia Hockey Cup.
- The final T20 between India and Australia abandoned without a ball being bowled.
- Pakistan wins first ever World Beach Wrestling Champions Gold Medal.
- 2 children slain, 3 injured in cross-LoC firing by Indian Army.
- Bin Batoree the famous character of ‘Ainak Wala Jinn’ actress Nusrat Ara Begum passed away.
- International Day of Rural Women celebrates today.
- Pakistan Wrestler INAM BUTT Win Gold Medal in Asian Beach Games.
- India defeat Pakistan 3-1 in Hockey Asia Cup 2017.
- Quinton De Kock, Hashim Amla Create History as South Africa Crush Bangladesh by 10 Wickets in 1st ODI.
- Pakistan selected as member of World Skill Countries Consortium.
- Former Chief Justice of Pakistan Ajmal Mian Passed Away.
- Shaheed-e-Millat Liaquat Ali Khan’s 68 death anniversary today.
- Maria Sharapova beats Aryna Sabalenka to win Tianjin Open title after two years.
- Blast in Somalia caused 231 casualties and 300 wounded.
- Pakistan becomes World Beach wrestling Champion by defeating Iran.
- Roger Federer Wins the Shanghai title against Nadal.
- Sri Lanka Make final decision on playing a T20 in Pakistan.
- Pakistan becomes the Member of Human Rights Council for next three years.
- Hashim Amla becomes the fastest batsman with 26 Centuries in only 154 ODI matches.
- Tribute paid to Sir Syed on his 200th birthday.
- Pakistan vs Sri Lanka: Pakistan won by 32 runs 2nd ODI.
- 19th death anniversary of Hakeem Saeed to be observed.
- Lt Gen Amir Riaz appointed as Corps Commander Lahore.
- 17 Oct International Day for the Eradication of Poverty.
- Jeenbekov Wins Kyrgyzstan’s Presidential Election.
- Pakistani women Nadia Bukhari selected as member of Pharmacy of UK.
- Mohammad Hafeez completed 1200 overs in One-Day Internationals (ODIs) without bowling a no-ball.
- China Provides 1 Million U.S dollars worth of emergency food aid to Afghanistan.
- Maria Sharapovawins WTA Title against Belarusian teenager.
- 18 October International Day of World Vasectomy Day
- George Saiunders wins Man Booker Prize 2017 for Lincoln in the Bardo.
- QS declares 9 universities of Pakistan as best universities in Asia.
- Pakistan won 3rd ODI against Sri Lanka in Abu dhabi.
- Malaysia defeats Pakistan in Asia Hockey Cup Tournament.
- South Africa beats Bangladesh in 2nd ODI by 104 runs.
- Malala Yousaf Zai writes book named Malala Magic Pencil.
- Pakistani Star Assam Ul Haq reaches into semi-final of Stock Home Open Tennis.
- Pakistan and South Korea reaches at score level in Asia Hockey Cup.
- 47 persons injured and 7 killed in Grenade attack by terrorists.
- Bill of Indictment imposes by accountability court on Nawaz Sharif, Maryam and Safdar.
- Pakistani Govt takes $450m loan to prop up sliding Forex reserves.
- 72 People Killed in Suicide attack in Afghanistan.
- Senator Farhatullah Babar resigns from Senate’s Defense Committee.
- Drone Attack by USA at PAK Afghan Border caused 12 causalities.
- D-8 Countries Conference held in city of Turkey Istanbul.
- Pakistan Defeats Sri Lanka in 4th ODI consecutively.
- Hassan Ali gets 1st rank in ICC ODI Rankings.
- Today Pakistan is going to face India in Asia Hockey Cup.
- Car bomb kills 15 Afghan cadets, trainers outside Kabul military school.
- 2nd Prime Minister of Pakistan Khawaja Nizam ud din 53 death anniversary observed today.
- Saudi Consul General in Karachi dies of heart attack.
- Asia Hockey Cup 2017 India beat Pakistan 4-0 to enter Asia Cup Final.
- Abbasi becomes first Pakistani PM to fly a military helicopter.
- 8 militants including Ansar-ul-Sharia chief killed in Karachi operation.
- Legendary actor Shahbaz Durrani passes away.
- Sixth death anniversary of Begum Nusrat Bhutto observed today.
- Rani Mukerji’s Father Ram Mukherjee Dies In Mumbai.
- WTA Finals: Garbine Muguruza beats Jelena Ostapenko; Karolina Pliskova beats Venus Williams.
- India vs New Zealand: 1st ODI New Zealand won by 6 wickets.
- 3rd ODI South Africa vs Bangladesh: South Africa won by 200 runs.
- United Nations Day was observed Today.
- Pakistan Defeats Sri Lanka in last ODI.
- India deploy J-Basariya as new envoy in Pakistan.
- Pakistan stock exchange market crashes upto 42000 points.
- Yasir shah becomes fastest spinner as 150 wickets in test cricket.
- Hassan Ali breaks the record of Waqar Younis as fastest taking wickets Player in 24 ODIs.
- Muhammad Tahir Hassan took charge of DG PID Lahore.
- International Artist’s Day celebrated today.
- Pakistan beat Brunei 4-0 in Women’s Hockey Asian Challenge.
- West Indies Beat Zimbabwe by 117 Runs in First Test.
- Trending: Ronaldo beats Messi, Neymar to FIFA award.
- Stock Exchange faces slump in business as index dropped down up to 191 index.
- In China, President Xi Jinping Unveils Country’s Leaders For The Next Five Years.
- Hazrat Bahauddin Zakariya 778 Urs celebrations to start in Multan.
- India vs New Zealand; 2nd ODI India won by 6 wickets.
- Roger Federer defeats American teenager Frances Tiafoe in Swiss Open Tennis Championship.
- Pakistan’s Ammar wins Silver at 2nd UAE Korean Freindship Taekwondo Championship.
- Pakistan beat Brunei in Women Asia Hockey Cup.
- World Day for Audiovisual Heritage 27 October.
- 1st T20 PAK vs Sri Pakistan won by 7 wickets.
- Russia test 4 Ballistic missile.
- Afghanistan: 45 Militants killed in air strikes made by US Forces.
- Pakistan Stock Exchange Market crashes up to 186 Points.
- Kashmir’s never-ending dispute, a timeline of 70 years.
- Australia’s Deputy PM disqualified from Parliament over dual citizenship.
- Faheem becomes first Pakistani to achieve T20 hat-trick.
- Pakistan vs Sri Lanka, 2nd T20I Pakistan Won by 2 Wickets
- Currently 3400 MW Electricity includes in Power and Energy Sector.
- Saudi Arabia, First Country to Grant Citizenship to a Robot.
- Mian Sharif’s 13th death anniversary observed today.
- After eight years of hiatus, Sri Lankan cricket team returns to Pakistan.
- Pakistan Stock Exchange Market Crashes up to 982 Points.
- Somalia: Car bomb attack on Mogadishu hotel kills at least 23.
- International World Stroke Day celebrated today.
- Karachi Deputy Mayor Arshad Vohra leaves MQM-P and Join PSP.
- Virat Kohli becomes fastest batsman to score 9000 ODI runs.
- Pakistan beat Sri Lanka by 36 runs to complete the clean sweep.
- David Miller smashes records with fastest T20I century.
- 26 Afghan soldiers killed in Taliban attack on Kandahar base.
- COAS appoints Lt Gen Nadeem Raza as Mujahid Force commandant.
- Pakistan Stock Exchange Market Crashes up to 781 Points.
- World Saving Day celebrated Today.
- Ghazi Ilm Din Death Anniversary Observed today.
- Hasan Ali continues to lead ODI bowling rankings.
- Kohli moves back to top position in ODI bating rankings.