Business Schools Online Programs, An online business degree provides broad and specialized business knowledge, preparing graduates for many career paths. Bachelor’s programs cover fundamental business topics, while MBA programs build more advanced skills.
Business Schools Online Programs
Here are a few more online business schools and their programs:
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill: Offers an online MBA program with a focus on business administration.
- Indiana University: Offers an online MBA program with a focus on business administration.
- University of Massachusetts Amherst: Offers an online MBA program with a focus on business administration.
- University of Texas at Dallas: Offers an online MBA program with a focus on business administration.
- Regis University: Offers an online MBA program with a focus on business administration.
- University of California, Davis: Offers an online MBA program with a focus on business administration.
- University of Colorado Denver: Offers an online MBA program with a focus on business administration.
- Drexel University: Offers an online MBA program with a focus on business administration.
- Florida International University: Offers an online MBA program with a focus on business administration.
- George Washington University: Offers an online MBA program with a focus on business administration.
It’s important to carefully research and compare these programs to find the one that best fits your needs and goals. You should consider factors such as the program’s reputation, flexibility, cost, and course offerings.
Applicants to bachelor’s programs need a high school or GED diploma. They may also need to submit SAT or ACT scores depending on their age. Applicants to master’s programs need a bachelor’s degree, though often not in business. Prospective enrollees may also need to submit graduate exam scores, such as the GRE or GMAT.
This page highlights the best online business degrees, including costs and specialization options.
Frequently Asked Questions About Business Degrees
How long does it take to get a business degree online?
Full-time enrollees can complete a bachelor’s degree in four years and an MBA in two years. Learners can explore accelerated business programs to graduate sooner.
How much does it cost to get an online degree?
Tuition rates vary by program and school. According to EducationData.org, an online bachelor’s degree cost an average of $51,090 as of August 2021.
Can you obtain a business degree online?
Yes. Students can earn many of the best online business degrees fully online. Some programs include in-person requirements.
Why Get an Online Business Degree?
A business degree builds knowledge in areas such as management, marketing, economics, and finance. Learners can connect with other aspiring business professionals, creating opportunities to network and share ideas. Pursuing the degree online provides the flexibility to continue working and earning a salary.
The best online business degrees give students the skills and connections necessary to succeed in the professional world. Many of these programs run asynchronously, allowing students to complete coursework around their schedules.
How Much Does an Online Business Degree Cost?
Tuition varies by school, degree level, and program length. In general, private colleges charge more than public colleges. Learners at in-state public schools usually pay the most affordable tuition.
In 2018-19, public colleges charged an average annual tuition of $20,600 for a bachelor’s degree. Private colleges charged $44,660. These figures include room-and-board fees, which online learners do not incur.
In 2019-20, public colleges charged an average annual tuition of $12,410 for a master’s degree. Private colleges charged an annual tuition of $26,600.
Additional Online Student Fees
Online students do not pay for campus housing or meal plans. However, they may pay technology fees, which cover online learning tools and tech support. Online learners should also budget for textbooks and class materials. Some programs charge a graduation fee.
The best online MBA programs may include on-campus components. Online students should plan for travel and lodging expenses.
How Much Do Business Majors Make?
Graduates can explore a variety of business careers in diverse fields. They may work in marketing, sales, finance, or accounting. According to the National Association of Colleges and Employers, graduates with a business bachelor’s degree earn starting salaries between $48,000-$59,000, depending on their field.
Students can boost their salary potential with an advanced degree like an MBA. In 2020, MBA graduates earned an annual median salary of $115,000, a rate higher than most bachelor’s degree holders. The best online MBA programs prepare enrollees for high-paying management positions.
Specializations for Business Majors
Many of the best online business degrees offer specializations. Some programs call them concentrations or tracks. Schools may offer specializations at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
MBA candidates can enroll in a program specifically for a certain specialization. Even if a business program does not offer a specialization track, students can often select elective courses that relate to their interest area.
See below for three common business specializations. Keep in mind that not all programs offer these tracks.
- Human Resources ManagementHuman resources specialists focus on the best practices for managing an organization’s employees. This specialization builds knowledge of benefits and compensation, mediation practices, and talent acquisition. Graduates can work in HR departments or earn a master’s degree and move into HR management.
- Information Technology ManagementOrganizations depend on various information technology tools. This specialization gives students the skills to manage IT departments and address technical issues. Students learn how to assess a company’s needs and implement new technology. Graduates may work as IT managers or chief technology officers.
- MarketingMarketing focuses on understanding consumer behavior and effectively communicating with customers. This specialization teaches enrollees how to create new marketing strategies and evaluate the effectiveness of existing strategies. Courses cover the economic, psychological, and sociological dimensions of marketing strategy. Graduates may work as marketing specialists or marketing managers.